Selling my Astromaster 130 EQ-MD!
That's right folks, the one that gets the "motor" running
I have to say i'll miss this scope if it gets sold soon. This was my introductory gear to the Equatorial mount.I learned precise polar alignment (the back-breaking way) from this baby. Since it was a non-GOTO, I used Stellarium coordinates to find the RA and DEC of objects with a low power eyepiece first then go to high powered ones. The simple structure of this EQ mount makes it a very precision heavy item since a few degrees can steer you away big time! That's why you'll really learn the rudiments of the EQ!
The item is 100% complete and working. I'd put cosmetics around 8.9/10. Just needs some dusting off on the outer casing
. If you look at the pictures, the primary mirror is still 100% clean and the inner tube still has its coating giving it maximum contrast.
This is an added bonus : I had the center point of the mirror marked with a circle for easy collimation.
- Well, not really my fault, but we all know that the star pointer that comes with this really isnt up to the test, that's why if you buy this, I'll include a finder scope that you can manually attach (via DIY clamps or some simple double side tape) but i'll still include the star pointer if you want
RFS? I have since upgraded to a 6" GSO Reflector and a Celestron AS-GT mount. Seeing as it would be unwise for me to keep two reflectors (I have yet to have an offspring to give it to), I figured I'd sell it to someone who is just getting started with astronomy.
Why buy it?
Well, its gonna be way cheaper than buying it from a store who offers the same item with the same optics, That's for sure!
How much is it exactly? well, why don't you text me and I'll let you know
What you'll be buying:
1. Astromaster 130 OTA (650mm F5.0) - No rust. Still fully coated mirrors. No dings/dents.
2. CG3-EQ1 Mount - No Rust. RA/DEC scales fully painted.
3. 2 Counterweights
4. Precise DC RA motor drive
5. Finder scope (5x24) - added value
6. Original eyepiece (10mm and 20mm) - Not sure on the 20mm but I know the 10mm is a Kellner type.
-It comes with its original box BTW
And if you're also interested... I have an Orion Lasermate Deluxe II collimator that im willing to part ways with. I'm just not into the whole laser thing... Faster but I'm a bit of the conservative type when it comes to collimation. Hit me up if you're interested.
You're more than welcome to see it before buying it. Make sure you contact me first though. feel free to send me any queries you may have. - I live in Las Pinas. Between Casimiro and CAA
09175430866 - Paolo
The pics are in .zip so you can refer to it even when you're offline - no viruses sirs!. It's 22mb. Hey... You gotta have high quality images if you're trying to show someone the quality of an item- right?
Price : 12k Slightly Negotiable https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1kff9glodvgs ... master.zip
That's it! Clear skies!!