Welcome
Welcome to philastronomy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Welcome to Philippine Astronomy Forum Bulletin Board!!!

Area for posting announcements such as astro activities such as stargazing sessions, meetings , public and private observation sessions, etc.

Welcome to Philippine Astronomy Forum Bulletin Board!!!

Postby jkty5597 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Welcome to the new Philippine Astronomy Forum bulletin board! I setup this board for use by astro enthusiast , be a novice or advance level in astronomy. This will also simplify , sort and categorize you astro post so that proper threads can be addressed by members of this forum. Of course, there are some basic forum rules that we all need to abide to make your experience in this forum a joy to use! They are as follows:

1) Since we setup this group, our main objectives is to share our experiences and knowledge on astronomy related topics, I would encourage transparency in posting your messages here in this list thus please make sure not to post a message or image that you wan to share with everyone.

2) If an out of topic post needs to be posted in this group, I reco adding the prefix (OT) so that our group members will be informed it is an off topic. But best is not to post OT messages or images as much as possible.

3) Do not post personal attacks , insults or engage in name calling , flames against individual members of this group. Please bring your problem to the individual via their private message board instead.

4) Do not post messages that are entirely in capital letters unless you are trying to indicate yelling or intense emotion.

5) Do not post personal information such as contact number, address, etc of our fellow group member unless you have seek permission or consent from him or her.

6) Stay in Topic. Do not jump into an unrelated discussion and introduce a barely relevant tangent, If your new post is of different topics, please post another new thread instead so that members can have a good time reading the discussion that is related to the post be it astro image or message posting.

Thank you!
jkty5597
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to Philippine Astronomy Forum Bulletin Board!!!

Postby jettm42 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:39 am

Hi James,

Thanks so much for creating the Philippine Astronomy Forum Bulletin Board. What will happen to Philastro forum in Yahoo groups?

Jett
jettm42

Postby CyFau » Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 pm

The Philippine Astronomy Forum Bulletin Board helps me as a student who is interested in Astronomy. :) Thanks :D
CyFau

Postby Burr » Mon May 13, 2013 4:21 am

Thanks James, looks like this is going to be a nice place to hang out and learn a lot about Astronomy.
I will be sure to check in every day to check for new post.
Burr
If you didn't know how old you
are how old would you be?
I would be 50
Burr

Postby Corlykins » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:28 am

Greetings from the other side of our beautiful planet! I live in Virginia US, and I am an amateur astronomer. I dabble in some simple astrophotography and sky imaging. I am part of the Echo Ridge Astronomical Society, which is part of the Astronomical league.

I've been a lerker/member of the yahoo group for years. I joined when I visited my 2nd favorite place on earth, the Philippines! I was hoping to catch up with someone on one of my many visits, but since they were work related, I never had enough free time. Next time I make it back, I hope to meet some of the group. Everyone is so talented and I love your outreach projects.

Clear skies to all!
Corrie Ann Delgado
Corlykins

Return to Astro Announcements