Welcome
Welcome to philastronomy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Solar Imaging Session - April 21, 2017

A place for you to post and share your astro images. Please post images that you feel are ok in quality. PLEASE DO NOT POST A WHOLE BATCH OF ALMOST IDENTICAL Astro Images! This is not a place for storing your entire astro images. Thanks.

Postby jkty5597 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 am

The sky this morning is very hazy and seeing condition is fair. I initially had a hard time focusing on the Sun as all are wobbly but after an hour, the seeing stabilizes a bit for me to image AR2651 Sunspot Group flaring up as well as 3 huge prominences visible both at NE and NW limb! The NE limb has 2 huge ones. one faint and the other bright while the best of the 3 is visible in the NW limb producing a beautiful loop prominence! The sky then clouded out again only for me to recapture AR2651 Sunspot Group in white light after lunch with fair seeing condition.

Images can be viewed at http://astrophotophils.blogspot.com/201 ... -2017.html
jkty5597
Site Admin

Return to Astrophoto Gallery